|Top 10 So Far from Amazon|
Fiction, nonfiction, even a teen title in the Amazon Books editors’ picks for the Top 10 Best Books of the Year So Far. Your next read could be a click away!
1) Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity by Katherine Boo: A Pulitzer-winning author writes the true story of struggle and hope in a Mumbai slum.
2) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn : Plot twists and revelations make this a psychological thriller of the highest order.
3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green : Two kids with cancer deal with the big subjects—life, love, and death—in this perfect blend of levity and heart-swelling emotion. (click to see all ...)
4) Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain : Questions of privilege, power, and heroism swirl in this debut novel about recently returned Iraq War veterans invited to attend a Cowboys football game.
5) The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro: The fourth installment in Caro’s authoritative biographical series on Lyndon Baines Johnson – a masterpiece in nonfiction.
6) The Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson : A superb novel about freedom, sacrifice and violence, set within the dark borders of North Korea.
7) Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt : A singular portrait of a girl and her family transformed during the late-80s AIDS epidemic.
8) Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed: A memoir of a 1,100-mile journey that nearly broke the author to pieces, before she used those pieces to rebuild her life.
9) The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker : Speculative fiction and a girl’s coming-of-age story meet in this gripping debut.
10) Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power by Steve Coll : An examination of the largest, most profitable company in history by a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner.