Government and Legal Information
Whatcom County & City Codes
Washington State Codes
- Code of Federal Regulations Links to the code itself and advice on using it.
- Supreme Court Collection
Current and historical decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Thomas A federal website offering information on congressional activity. Included are links to the status of new bills, and committee reports.
- US Code A searchable version of the US Code from Cornell University.
Self Help Legal Topics and Information
- FindLaw (http://www.findlaw.com)
Probably the most heavily used legal gateway on the internet, this site provides an extensive collection of links and information for the layperson and the professional. Included are background texts on legal topics such as bankruptcy, contracts, family law, taxes and international trade. Also included are professional tools for lawyers, directory information, links to federal and state law sources, forms and a legal dictionary.
- Guardianship and Powers of Attorney from Washington LawHelp.org
- How to Research a Legal Problem Brief outline of legal research.
- Law Advocates -Legal help for low income residents of Whatcom County.
- LawforWa (http://www.lawforwa.org)
The mission of the lawforwa website is to give the people of Washington easy access to information on the law, the courts, the government, and civic rights and responsibilities.
- Tenants Union of Washington State.
- Washington Bar Association Consumer Pamphlets
- Washington Law Help -
A guide to free civil legal services for low-income persons and seniors in Washington.
Para mayor información, escoja un tema abajo. Este sitio Web tiene muchos recursos legales en español, pero no todos los recursos del sitio Web en inglés han sido traducidos al español.
- Wills, Probate and Alternatives from Washington LawHelp.org
Voter and Election Sites